Welcome to the 14th Annual Newtown Turkey Trot to benefit the C. H. Booth Library. Our event offers the opportunity to kick off your Thanksgiving Day celebrations by participating in a 5K run / walk or 2.5K (1.6 mile) fitness walk. This community event has annually attracted over 1200 participants in recent years and will start and finish from Newtown Middle School (11 Queen Street, Newtown) following the routes introduced in 2019.
- Race Packet Pickup
- Race check-in, bib and t-shirt collection at C. H. Booth Library on Tuesday 11/21 between 4:00 PM and 7:30 PM and Wednesday 11/22 between 10:00AM and 2:00PM.
- Race check-in and bib pickup (but not t-shirt collection) will be available between 6:30 AM and 7:15 AM on the morning of the race.
- Note: You must collect your race packet containing your race bib before the race begins.
- Race Start – 7:45 am at Newtown Middle School
- Note: The start may be staggered to avoid participants gathering too closely. If this occurs, race results shall be based on each participant’s net chip time.
- Note: If social gathering restrictions apply, the availability of post race refreshments may be limited and the gathering of spectators at the finish will be discouraged.
- At this time we plan for there to be a post race awards ceremony where overall and age-group winners collect prizes.
- Awards (trophies and cash prizes) will be mailed, available after the race near the timing tent, or made available for collection at a later date.
- Race entry is by advance online registration. Online registration will be available up to race day. Registration must be complete by 7:00AM on race day.
- Individual entry – $30 before November 1, thereafter $35
- Groups of 4 – $100 before November 1, thereafter $120 (Note: Registrations must be made together)
- Participants registered prior to 10/23/2023 at midnight shall receive a race t-shirt if they choose. Participants may purchase a moisture wicking technical short- or long-sleeve t-shirt during registration. T-shirts are limited and not guaranteed for registrations after November 1st, 2023.
- Results can be viewed via the Results menu option above.
- Awards will be given in the following categories:
- Top 3 overall in each gender
- First of each gender in age groups
- Under 10