Newtown Moms is on a mission to give parents the gift of time, so I’m happy to share our 2nd Annual Summer Camp & Activities Guide. Instead of searching the Internet, Facebook or Instagram for summer camps, I hope you start here with our guide. There’s something for every child – from swimming lessons to music classes to horseback riding – you’ll find a ton of options from the businesses (listed alphabetically) below.
- Town: Brookfield
- Dates: July 6th – 10th, July 20nd – 24th, August 3th – 7th, August 17th – 21st
- Ages: 6 – 16yrs old
- Time: 9am – 12pm or 1pm – 4pm. Lunch time session is available.
- Description: Our Hands-On Art Youth Program is a great alternative to full-day summer-long programs. Our small groups allow students to receive individual attention from the instructor in a warm, family-like atmosphere. We offer four one-week sessions with half-day and full-day options. Every class will have an experienced artist and an assistant to help the students learn basic skills in various craft mediums. Types of classes offered are glass bead making, woodturning, pottery, fiber art, blacksmith skills, painting & drawing, 3-D printing, Photography and other digital craft skills.
- Contact: email@example.com or 203 775-4526
- Website: www.brookfieldcraft.org/handsonart/
- Location: 286 Whisconier Road, Brookfield, CT
- Town: Prospect, CT
- Dates: June 29th-August 21st (1 to 8 week sessions)
- Ages: 3-13 years old for Day Camp; 14-15 for CIT program
- Cost: 1 week for $525 (Early Bird pricing is $500 and ends April 1st)
- Over 50 Bus Stops through Fairfield and New Haven Counties. LUNCH IS PROVIDED!
- Description: Get ready for the Ultimate Camp Experience! Holiday Hill Day Camp (HHDC) is not your traditional day camp. The wide variety of activities and experienced staff makes us the choice for kids who want to the BEST summer ever. Activities include: Daily Swim lessons, Go-Karts, Cooking, American Ninja Warrior Course, Archery, Nature, Arts and Crafts, Boating, Paintball, Martial arts, Woodworking, Maker Space Cabin, Yoga, and Team Sports. In addition, HHDC provides attractive and nutritious meals to suit the needs of every camper. HHDC provides bus transportation that is convenient and accessible to busy parents. We are fully accredited by the American Camping Association (ACA) that assures parents we are committed to program quality and adherence to high health and safety standards.
- REGISTRATION is now open
- Contact: Email Michael at firstname.lastname@example.org | (203) 387-2267
- Website: Click Here
- Location: 43 Candee Rd, Prospect, CT
- Newtown: Inner Child Yoga, 97 South Main Street
- Monroe: Bollywood Boutique & Studio, 477 Main St. The Clocktower
- Monroe: The Dance Workshop, 500 Monroe Turnpike
- Trumbull: Trinity Episcopal Church, 1734 Huntington Tnpk
- Spring: April 6th – 10 weeks
- Summer: July 6th – 6 weeks
- 45 minutes classes
- Unlimited Makeups & Bonus Classes
- Babies Classes: 0 – 8 months
- Mixed Ages: 0-5yrs
- Rhythm Kids: 4-6 yrs
Description: Start your journey towards becoming a musical family with Music Together. Discover the joy of family music making with your child. Parents/ Caregivers are the most important musical role model to guide baby towards playful, stimulating activities as well as crest bonding moments. Learn about you infants musical development, how to initiate musical play as well as respond to musical sounds and movements your Baby is expressing. Meet other parents, share milestones, sing, dance and play – together! Music Together mixed age classes are perfect for babies and families with multiple siblings. Our developmentally appropriate activities create a fun, rich community music making experience for your child to explore music without the expectation to perform. Our focus is on an adult/ child interaction and fosters an environment in which the whole family learns how to “play musically “ together. Large and small movement, instrument play with egg shakers, rhythm sticks, scarves, drums and so much more are all apart of our musical activities. At home music materials , free app and music development education for parents and caregivers are all included in tuition. Music making happens everyday and anywhere , not just once per week!Rhythm Kids is the next musical step for your child ages 4 -6 yrs old with parent and caregiver. It is an opportunity for children to experience their first musical instrument, to care for, and practice at home and bring to class. Music development unfolds as children explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, musical games and patterns. Our musical environment fosters opportunities for leadership, cooperation, creativity, improvisation, solo and ensemble music play – a musical adventure that lets your child thing and create like a musician!
- Town: Newtown
- Dates: July 6th – 10th, July 13th – 17th, & July 20th – 24th
- Ages: Any child entering kindergarten in Fall 2020
- Time: 9am – 12pm
- Description: Safety Town is a one-week interactive safety education program developed to teach rising kindergartners important life-saving lessons. Classroom instruction combined with the use of a miniature town (built to resemble Newtown) and visits from local community and health agencies provide a complete hands-on experience.
|Safety Topics Include:||Special Interactive Visits From:|
|Strangers||Sandy Hook Fire & Rescue|
|Traffic/Pedestrian||Newtown Police Department|
|Poison||All-Star Transportation – Bus|
|Drug||Porco’s Karate Academy|
|Playground||Stewie the Duck – Stew Leonard III Water Safety Foundation|
Safety Town is for kids entering kindergarten in the Fall of 2020.
There are 3 sessions:
Session 1: July 6 – July 10
Session 2: July 13 – July 17
Session 3: July 20 – July 24
Safety Town is held daily, Monday-Friday from 9:00am to 12:00pm, rain or shine and is held at Newtown Youth & Family Services located at 15 Berkshire Road, Sandy Hook, CT 06482.
For complete camp information including rates and registration, click here!
- Town: Newtown
- Dates: June 22nd – August 24th, 2020
- Time: 9am – 2pm (extended day option available)
- Tiny Tots (4yrs – 5yrs old)
- Regular Campers (6yrs – 12yrs old)
- Counselors in Training (13yrs old+ eligibility to be determined by Trainer)
- Cost: $550 per week (sibling & multiple week discounts available)
- Description: Summer Riding Academy at One Above Farm is the perfect way to introduce your child to horses through structured hands-on learning and riding under the guidance of CHA Trained Instructors. Children will be in the saddle every day, with a “just-for-fun” weekly horse show to which parents are invited. Friday is always pizza and game day — a favorite among the kids!
More seasoned riders will advance their horsemanship and barn management skills through thoughtful lesson plans designed to challenge every equestrian. Safety is our number one priority.
- Registration: Now Open! Email below to receive a waiver and registration packet
- Contact: Owner & Trainer, Andrea Zaleski at email@example.com | 203-249-1098
- Website: www.oneabovefarmct.com
- Location: 39 Aunt Park Lane, Newtown, CT
- Mention NEWTOWN MOMS when registering and receive one extended day FREE
- Town: Newtown, CT
- Dates: June 15th to August 28th
- Ages: 2- to 6-years-old
- Cost: Varies depending on age group and schedule but school is open from 6:30 AM to 6:30 PM
- LUNCH and morning/afternoon snack IS PROVIDED!
- Description: Come join Camp TLE‘s “Summer of Imagination” for children between the ages of 2- to 6-years-old. Summer activities/themes include: Space Station Exploration, Olympics 2020, Under the Sea, Water Play, and field trips (for preschool students).100% of our staff is CPR/First Aid Certified. Lunch is prepared fresh each day on site. Come join in the fun! Christine and Indra Sen are parents, educators, and the owners of The Learning Experience – Newtown — where they strive to create an environment where their sons and other children can learn, grow, and thrive.
- REGISTRATION opens March 9th
- Contact: Email The Learning Experience – Newtown at firstname.lastname@example.org | (203) 304-9130
- Website: Click Here
- Location: 274 South Main Street, Newtown, CT
- Town: Newtown
- Dates: July 20th – 23rd, July 27th – 30th, and August 3rd – 6th
- Time: 9AM – 12PM for ages 3 – 5, 9AM – 4PM for ages 6 & up
- Ages: 3 – 16
- $125/4 Day Camp or $40/One Day Drop in for ages 3 – 5
- $350/4 Day Camp or $90/One Day Drop in for ages 6+
- Description: The Station Dance Academy is Newtown’s newest dance studio located right off Route 25. Owners Nicole Russo-Henderson & Leon Henderson bring years of professional dance experience in New York and LA to their newest venture. The camp schedule for Summer 2020 is as follows:
- Location: Sticks & Stones Farm, 197 Huntingtown Road, Newtown CT 06470
- Dates: June 22nd – August 21st 2020 (9 one-week sessions).
- Ages: 0-15 years old (0-5 can attend our Coyote Pups “mini-camps” from 9am-12pm with an adult; youth camps are age 5-8 or 9-15 and run from 9am-3pm each day)
- Description: Two Coyotes Wilderness School offers extraordinary summer camps with a ratio of 6:1. Each group is led by two skilled nature mentors who will teach how to craft handmade tools and art projects from natural materials, track animals, identify bird language, make friction fires, build forts and shelters, and forage for safe wild edibles. Our advanced sessions feature an overnight campout for kids age 9-15. Along the way, all campers learn nature-inspired games, songs, and have free time to explore streams, mountainsides, and other unexpected nature mysteries.
- REGISTRATION is now open! Register here.
- Check us out at our FREE open house, Saturday 3/28 at Sticks & Stones Farm. Register: twocoyotes.org/events
- Contact: Email Stephanie Niles, Program Director, at email@example.com
This post contains sponsored content.