If you’re scratching head thinking about what to do on Monday and Tuesday, Newtown Moms has you covered with a few ideas. Here’s 10 ideas to get your started on planning!
- Sign your kids up for “Camp” – With so many working parents, sometimes days off school can be a challenge. Even if you’re off or have a flexible work schedule, it’s nice at times to have structured activities for your kids to break up the day. Main Street Adventures in Newtown is offering a “Day Off” camp on the 18th and 19th. Full day & half day options are available. Visit their website for details. The Discovery Museum in Bridgeport is hosting a Presidents’ Day Program on the 19th.
- Attend an Event – Treat your little ones to a special show. On Monday, The Harlem Globetrotters make a stop at the Webster Bank Arena. At the Bushnell in Hartford, you can see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on Tuesday night.
- Get Creative – The Giggling Pig is offering camp in Bethel on both the 18th and 19th. The Pottery Factory in Brookfield also has two mini camp options in the afternoon of both days. And of course, you can always take your little ones to Charmios in Newtown for a drop in session.
- Visit a Museum – Head to EverWonder Children’s Museum and enjoy not just the museum, but the “Code A Virtual Dance Party Event”. This event happens from 1PM – 3PM and for ages 5+. You can also check out a few museums which are in short driving distance. Stepping Stones in Norwalk and Kids Play in Torrington are both open on Monday & Tuesday.
- Bounce until you Drop! – SkyZone is open from 10AM – 8PM on both days. The schedule varies slightly on Tuesday with Toddler Time and Homeschool Jump still on the schedule. View details here. Bounce opens at 9:00 on Monday for Toddler time, followed by Open Bounce until 7. On Tuesday, Open Bounce will happen from 3PM – 7PM.
- Ride the Carousel at the Danbury Fair Mall – I’m not going to lie, but this has been a favorite of mine for a LONG time. Believe it or not, I actually remember riding the carousel as a kid when the mall first opened. Anytime, we’re over that way in Danbury, my daughter loves a stop at the mall for the carousel (good incentive for errands right?!). And now, with Kidz Klub open at the mall, you kids can be completely entertained during a shopping trip.
- Escape the Cold in a Salt Cave – The Newtown Salt Spa offers time for kids to play in the salt cave while parents relax on Tuesday mornings. I haven’t tried this with my daughter yet, but I have been in the salt cave and it’s AHMAZING. It’s a great way to escape the cold weather with your child and try something different. Details are here.
- Head out on a Mini Ski Trip – Unable to go away for the whole weekend? Plan a day trip to one of the area mountains. We have several options that are around an hour away. For downhill skiing, try Mount Southington, Mohawk Mountain, or Ski Sundown. If we magically get a lot of snow before Monday and cross-country skiing is your jam, try White Memorial or Winding Trails.
- Plan a Movie Date – Mary Poppins Returns is showing at Edmond Town Hall. You can catch one of the shows on Monday or Tuesday.
- Plan a Play Date – Since everyone’s off school and the majority of weekly activities are not happening, it’s a perfect time to set up a play date at someone’s house or out somewhere. Let the kids entertain themselves!
If you have any ideas for the upcoming break, please share! Email [email protected] with your suggestions!