Let’s face it summer break can be incredibly long for parents & kids. We love the longer days, relaxed scheduled and freedom from school, however it can be difficult to keep our kids entertained for nearly three months. Add in full-time work and the summer schedule takes on more complexity! The annual Summer Camp & Activities Guides aims to simplify the summer scheduling process for your family by providing a list of local camps and activities. See below for all of the details on these unique programs.
- Town: Newtown
- Dates: Weekly Camps Between June 19th – August 25th. Click here for full calendar.
- Hours: 9AM-3PM (July 4th week has different schedule). Early drop off & late pick-up available.
- Ages: 7+ (varies by camp)
- Cost: $450 per week. Save 15% with code APRIL15 if you register before 4/30.
Have your child join us for a Summer of fun at Affinity Esports! We have a power packed schedule, including camps for aspiring competitors, casual gamers, content creators, coders, and girls in gaming. Our camps cover 30 hours of engaging activities that drive socialization, skill development, and passion. Our days are balanced between the camp’s theme, education around healthy gaming habits, and regular screen breaks. While away from their screen, your child can be found taking walks, doing quick exercise drills, pausing for regular hydration, eating lunch outside, completing team building activities, or playing tabletop games. During the week, your kids will spend roughly half of their time away from the screen, being socially engaged, and fusing their passion for the digital world into peer-to-peer interactions, critical skill development, and new perspectives. Our camps are made possible and enhanced through the support of industry experts, experienced coaches and instructors, well-rounded camp counselors, and our amazing partners at Post University’s Esports Department.
Nestled along the Pootatuck River (inside Rocky Glen State Park), Affinity Esports is paving the way to healthier gaming experiences by providing a safe community meeting space for kids and teens to play games and interact with their peers all while learning technology and problem-solving skills. Their studio space features more than 1,000 square feet of gaming PCS, streaming setups, big screen TVs, whiteboards, and Nintendo Switches! Affinity Esports offers year-round classes for gamers ages 7-17 at all skill levels from beginner to more competitive.
- Contact: [email protected] (Mark Kilpatrick)
Website: Registration now open! Register by visiting https://www.affinityesports.
- Location: 27 Glen Road, Fourth Floor, Sandy Hook, CT 06482
- Town: Brookfield
- Program Dates: July 10 – 14, July 24 – 28, August 7 -11, and August 21 – 25
- Ages: 8 – 16 depending on studio
- Description: The 2023 Hands-on-Art Summer Youth Program at the Brookfield Craft Center will offer inspired opportunities to explore creative projects in 8 unique studios; Forge, Modern Craft Digital Arts, Ceramics, Glass, Wood, Fiber, Jewelry and our River Room multimedia studio. Our studio instruction will be led by professional and experienced artists promoting structured, caring, supportive and Covid safe environments. Early sign up is encouraged. Weekly half-day and full day programs will be offered: July 10-14, July 24 – 28, August 7 -11 and August 21 – 25.
Registration begins Friday, March 1, 2023. Please visit our website at brookfieldcraft.org for online registration.
**Scholarships are available for our Summer Youth Program and can be applied for by completing the application form on our website.
- Town: Newtown
- Dates: 6/12 – 8/18
- Hours of Operation: 9:00AM – 4:00PM
- Cost: $180 per week
- Ages: PreK through 6th Grade
- Description: Fun and Creative Outdoor activities – Outdoor games, waterslides, Nerf Capture the Flag, soccer and much much more!
- Contact: Beth Lampel, [email protected]
- Website: Click Here
- Location: St. Rose School, 40 Church Hill Road, Newtown, CT 06470
- Town: Newtown
- Dates: Week 1: 7/10-7/14 & Week 2: 8/7-8/11
- Hours: 10AM-4PM
- Ages: 6+
- Cost: $500 per week
- Description: Summer Camp at Candlewood Fencing Center is an absolute blast! Beginners and seasoned fencers alike are welcome each week. Fencers of all experience levels are welcome to attend, as we will split the campers up by both weapon and experience level. First time fencing? That’s great! We’ll jump start you with all the skills you need to get out there and have at it! Are you a more experienced fencer? Come and train with our National Point Holders and World Team Member Coaches!
Campers will engage in physical training, mobility, fencing footwork, blade work, tactical drilling and free fencing as a group. Each student will receive private lessons from different coaches throughout the week.
- Contact: candlewoodfencing@
- Website: Candlewood Fencing Camps!
- Location: 31 Pecks lane Unit 7, Newtown CT 06470
- Town: Middlebury
- Dates: Weekly Camps between June 26th – August 4th (July 4th is pro-rated)
- Hours: 9AM-4PM Early drop off & late pick-up available.
- Ages: Entering Kindergarten to 11 years old
- Cost: $275 per week for Edgewood Members $350 per week for non-members. Save 5% multi-week discount after first week.
- Description: Kate Cunningham, an educator with over 11 years of experience, leads a summer day camp that is a fun and engaging program designed for children to enjoy their summer vacation while participating in a wide range of activities. These activities could include sports, arts and crafts, science experiments, volunteer activities, and team-building games.
Edgewood Camp is open to children entering Kindergarten to 11 years old. The camp is held daily from 9am to 4pm, from June 26th to August 4th, sign-ups are on a weekly basis. (July 4th week pro-rated) Before and after care is available for an additional fee. Go to Edgewodbtc.com for more specifics and pricing.
The aim of Edgewood camp is to provide children with an exciting and safe environment where they can make new friends, learn new skills, and develop their confidence and independence. Edgewood day camp is a fantastic way for children to spend their Summer.
- Contact: [email protected]
- Website: Edgewoodbtc.com. Registration now open! Register by visiting Edgewoodbtc.com.
- Location: 100 N. Benson Road, Middlebury CT 06488
- Town: Prospect, CT
- Dates: June 26th – August 18th (1 to 8-week sessions)
- TRANSPORTATION IS PROVIDED!! Over 50 bus stops in 35 towns.
- Hours of Operation: 8am-9am is before care and 4pm to 4:30pm is after care. Our regular camp hours are 9am-3:30pm Monday through Friday. 4th of July Observance,
- Ages: 3-13 years old for Day Camp, PreKamp half day program for 3-5 year olds, and 14-15 for CIT (Counselor in Training) Program
- Cost: $600 per week
- Breakfast and Lunch are provided! We accommodate all dietary restrictions.
- Description: Get ready for the Ultimate Camp Experience! Holiday Hill Day Camp (HHDC) is not your traditional day camp. The wide variety of activities and experienced staff makes us the choice for kids who want the BEST summer ever. Activities include: Swimming, Water Activities, Cooking, American Ninja Warrior Course, Archery, Nature, Arts and Crafts, Boating, Fishing, Woodworking, Maker Space Cabin, Yoga, and High Ropes Course. In addition, HHDC provides attractive and nutritious meals to suit the needs of every camper. We are fully accredited by the American Camping Association (ACA) that assures parents we are committed to program quality and adherence to high health and safety standards.
- REGISTRATION is now open!
- Contact: Email Michael at director@
holidayhilldaycamp.com | (203) 387-2267
- Website: Click Here | Summer Yearbook Video: Click HERE
- Location: 43 Candee Rd, Prospect, CT
- Town: Newtown
- Dates: June 19th – August 18th
- Ages: 3 – 14
- Hours: 9AM – 3PM
- Cost: $340 per week. $10 discount per week if you register before 6/1.
- Description: HVWS Summer Camp is a day camp for children ages 3-14. Offering two groups—Explorers for Pre-K to First Grade and Artists for First to Eighth Grades—HVWS Summer Camp is the perfect place for natural and exciting summer fun! Led by caring and talented educators, HVWS Summer Camp invites children to enjoy the summer through participating in a variety of activities. Our day summer camp is proud to welcome campers throughout Connecticut, including the communities of Newtown, Bethel, Danbury, CT, and the surrounding areas.
Our Explorers play with water and mud; participate in group games; enjoy organic gardening; and make arts and crafts related to the theme of the week using natural materials such as wool, beeswax, silk, wood, etc. We follow a simple daily rhythm that provides the campers with a sense of trust and ease while they explore nature, make new friends, and learn new skills.
Our Artists are more capable of challenging themselves physically and socially. Our goal is to provide opportunities that meet our older campers developmentally in a safe, natural environment.
- REGISTRATION opening soon!
- Contact: Marcela Perez, Camp Director at [email protected]
- Website: Click Here
- Location: 40 Dodingtown Road, Newtown
- Town: Newtown
- Dates: 6/19 – 8/25
- Hours of Operation: 7:00AM – 5:30PM
- Ages: 6 weeks – 6 years
- Description: Merryhill Child Care Center, Inc. is a private, non-profit child care center serving children from 6 weeks through 6 years old. At Merryhill, we are dedicated to providing the best childcare experience in Newtown for every age and stage of your child’s development.
Our warm and inviting atmosphere feels like a home away from home with bright cheerful spaces that encourage learning, creativity and exploration. Our passionate and caring teachers are committed to making a difference in children’s lives. Our picturesque country setting has a beautiful backyard and playground, perfect for outdoor fun and games.
Our Summer Camp program runs from June 20 to August 26. Most of our time is spent outside playing in sprinklers and at water tables and participating in a variety of activities based on weekly themes, such as Mad Science, Critters, Space, Garden, Little Chefs, Dino, Construction, Rainforest and more!
- Contact: Karen Serke, Center Director at (203) 426-9847
- Website: Click Here
- Location: 49 Queen Street, Newtown, CT 06470
- Town: Newtown, Monore & Trumbull
- Dates: Spring & Summer Schedules coming soon!
- Ages: Birth – 8 years
- Description: Start your journey towards becoming a musical family with Music Together. Discover the joy of family music making with your child. Sing, dance, learn and play through music – complete with at home materials. Come together to expose your child to a community of music making families and connect with your community, learn about how to nurture your child’s musical growth, and have a safe family place to explore music.
Parents/ Caregivers are the most important musical role model to guide baby towards playful, stimulating activities as well as create bonding moments. Learn about you infants musical development, how to initiate musical play as well as respond to musical sounds and movements your Baby is expressing. Meet other parents, share milestones, sing, dance and play – together! Music Together mixed age classes are perfect for babies and families with multiple siblings. Our developmentally appropriate activities create a fun, rich community music making experience for your child to explore music without the expectation to perform. Our focus is on an adult/ child interaction and fosters an environment in which the whole family learns how to “play musically “ together. Large and small movement, instrument play with egg shakers, rhythm sticks, scarves, drums and so much more are all apart of our musical activities. At home music materials , free app and music development education for parents and caregivers are all included in tuition. Music making happens everyday and anywhere , not just once per week! Rhythm Kids is the next musical step for your child ages 4 -6 yrs old with parent and caregiver. It is an opportunity for children to experience their first musical instrument, to care for, and practice at home and bring to class. Music development unfolds as children explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, musical games and patterns. Our musical environment fosters opportunities for leadership, cooperation, creativity, improvisation, solo and ensemble music play – a musical adventure that lets your child thing and create like a musician!
- Contact: Julie Capuano, Director by phone at 203-521-3013 text or email [email protected]. You can also visit online at www.MusicTogetherCTclass.com.
- Website: Click Here
- Location: Various locations in Newtown, Monroe, & Trumbull. Please check www.MusicTogetherCTclass.com for all the details.
- Town: Sandy Hook
- Dates: Summer programs begin Monday 6/19 and run through July & August
- Ages: All ages, starting at 6 weeks
- Description: Founded in 1977, The Suzuki Music School of Newtown has offered a wide variety of Summer Music Programs for all ages for over 45 years. Offerings include: Baby & Preschool Music Classes, Individual Instruction for Violin, Guitar, and Piano, as well as Group classes. From its earliest beginnings, the school has strived to develop the whole child through music education. Students are backed by award winning teachrs who share over 200 years of experience. Stay up to date with all Local Music, Art & Family Events by joining our email list and follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
- Contact: Paul Malyszka (203) 512-5470 or [email protected] to register.
- Website: Click Here
- Location: 111 Church Hill Road #4, Sandy Hook
- Town: Newtown
- Dates: June 26th – 30th, July 17th – 21st, and August 14th – August 18th.
- Hours: 9:30AM – 3:30PM with a half day option available. Late pick-up available for additional cost.
- Cost: $375 full day or $190 half day. Recevie a 10% discount when you sign up for full day camp for all 3 sessions.
- Ages: 4-11
- Description: This Korean traditional martial arts form helps build self-esteem and discipline. Camp will help your child gain confidence, focus and also offer physical fitness benefits. Children will have the opportunity to break a wooden board as well as challenge themselves to earn a belt with a Taekwondo Belt Promotion Test. In addition to learning basic Taekwondo skills, children will also fun camp games and participate in arts & crafts projects.
About the Instructor: Master Heny has competed in Taekwondo since Middle School and has received more than 90 medals at local, state & international competitions. She graduated from the University of Bridgeport with a major in Martial Arts and has been teaching Taekwondo at World Champion Taekwondo since 2016. Master Heny is passionate about teaching Taekwondo to children and endeavors to help students improve their mental and physical fitness.
- Contact: Master Heny at [email protected] or 203-304-9406.
- Website: https://newtowntkd.com
- Location: 125B South Main Street, Newtown, CT 06470
- Town: Newtown at Sticks & Stones Farm
- Dates: June 26th – August 18th
- Ages: 0-15 years old (We offer mini-camps for ages 0-5 with an adult caregiver, as well as full day drop off programs for ages 5-15).
- Description: Our skilled nature mentors will introduce your child to primitive and naturalist skills by tailoring each camp day to match the natural curiosity of their campers. Campers learn how to craft handmade tools and art projects from natural materials, track animals, identify bird language, make friction fires, build forts and shelters, and forage for safe wild edibles. Along the way, all campers learn nature-inspired games, songs, and have free time to explore streams, mountainsides, and other unexpected nature mysteries encountered throughout the day.
- Registration: Opens February 18th | Scholarship applications are due by April 15th | Open enrollment closes May 1st
- Contact: Email Alicia@
twocoyotes.org | (203) 843- 3112
- Website: Twocoyotes.org
- Location: Sticks & Stones Farm, 197 Huntingtown Road, Newtown
This post contains sponsored content.