We are huge fans of cornbread in our house, so when I saw the below recipe on Decadendtly Delicious, I thought I would share for Thanksgiving. This is definitely one of the recipes I will be making this year.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup yellow corn meal
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup of melted butter
1/2 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray or place liners.
- Next mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix the corn meal, flour, baking soda, salt and sugar until they are mixed well.
- In another bowl whisk the eggs well until they are blended, than add the buttermilk, honey and butter. Mix everything together.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. It’s important to not over mix!
- Pour mix into muffin pan. Bake for about 15-20 min. Let the muffins rest outside the oven for a few minutes before serving.
This recipe makes about 12 muffins.