Try this easy recipe for 4th of July weekend! There’s nothing better during the summer than a salad with delicious fresh fruit in it.
6 cups fresh arugula
1 – 1/2 cup blueberries
5 cups watermelon (could use strawberries as well)
8 oz feta cheese cut into cubes
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 TBS Dijon mustard
1 TBS lemon zest
1 TSP sugar
1/4 TSP salt
1/4 TSP pepper
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
1. Whisk all dressing ingredients except the olive oil in a small bowl.
2. Gradually stir in the olive oil and then the red onion.
3. In a large bowl, toss the arugula with the 1/4 cup of the dressing. The arrange it on a rectangular shaped serving plate.
4. Arrange the blueberries in the top left corner. Create alternating stripes with the watermelon and feta.
5. Drizzle remaining dressing over the salad.
Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home.