Are you ready to get in the holiday spirit?!?! I’m guessing the answer is yes, if you’re reading this post. I’ve put together a list of holiday-themed events in our area. There’s a lot going on over the next six weeks and tons of opportunities to snap a picture with the jolly man in red.
Get your Santa on…
- At the Danbury Fair Mall. Santa arrived at the mall last Saturday on 11/10. Not to worry if you missed it—Danbury Fair Mall is hosting several events besides your standard photo op with Santa. Click here for all the information.
- At the Danbury Railway Museum. Visit the Museum and ride a vintage train to Santa’s Toyland. This unique event happens on select dates in December and cost is $12 per person for ages 2+. More info can be found here.
- At a Breakfast with Santa like the ones at Stew Leonards, Edmond Town Hall, Tot Town, or Newtown Middle School.
- BD Provisions, Newtown’s new bulk dry goods store is hosting visits with Santa on Saturday 12/1 and Saturday 12/8 from 9AM to 1PM. On 12/8, the store will also host a Sensitive Santa from 8:30 – 9AM.
Let’s get those trees decorated…
- New Milford – Village Green on 11/24 from 5:30PM – 7:30PM. Sponsored by the Greater New Milford Chamber of Commerce.
- Consider adopting a lamp post in Sandy Hook Village and plan to decorate it on 11/25 at 10AM. And then don’t forget about the Tree Lighting in Sandy Hook on 12/1.
- New Fairfield’s Annual Holiday Light Parade kicks off on 11/25 at 12:30PM with the Town Tree lighting at 5:30PM.
- Stew Leonard’s 24 Annual Tree Lighting takes place on 11/28 -from 4:00 – 6:30PM. Join Santa and enjoy complimentary face painting, cookies, and hot cocoa.
- On Friday 11/30, Newtown Chamber of Commerce, Newtown Parks & Rec, and the Borough of Newtown are sponsoring the 34th Annual Tree Lighting in Ram’s Pasture. Details are here.
- A Tree Lighting and Caroling will take place in the Brookfield Town Center on 12/1 from 5PM – 6PM.
- On 12/1, “Light the Lights” is taking place at the Danbury Library Plaza. Event includes a firetruck parade, carolers, Santa & more!
- The Brookfield Town Hall Annual Tree Lighting is taking place on 12/8 at 5PM. This event is sponsored by the Brookfield Girl Scouts and includes caroling, refreshments, and Santa.
Let’s give back during the holidays…
- At the Festival of Trees benefiting Ann’s Place. This annual festival is happening the weekend of November 16th at the Danbury Sports Dome.
- At the 33rd Annual Holiday Festival benefiting Newtown Youth & Family Services on 12/2 from 11AM – 4PM. Purchase tickets here.
- At the 5th Annual Sip & Stroll in downtown New Milford on 11/30. This event is a fundraiser for NMVNA Camp Stepping Stones.
Let’s get in the holiday spirit with these holiday classics…
- Edmond Town Hall in Newtown will have a showing of ELF on Saturday 12/1 at 1PM. Details are here.
- Bank Street Theater in New Milford will be showing The Polar Express on Saturday 12/1. Details here.
Let’s get outside & fun…
- 1st Annual Candy Cane 5K 12/2 at Tarrywile Park.
Let’s consider shopping local for gifts…
- On Small Business Saturday 11/24.
- And don’t forget to subscribe to @Newtownmoms monthly newsletter, as we’ll be publishing a Holiday Gift Guide in December which will include local businesses to help you with those gifts.