What better way to spend some time this winter than out on the rink. Whether you’re looking for a fun family skate experience, a place to take lessons, or a ice hockey league, there are several rinks in our area within a short drive this season. And don’t forget, Newtown’s getting our very own ice rink at the Newtown Youth Academy later this year.
- At the Danbury Ice Arena, tickets are $10 for adults & $8 for children with the option of renting skates and helmets. Plenty of public skate time available each week. They also offer open hockey times. You can view the schedule here.
- Winter Garden Ice Arena (Ridgefield) offers a Disco Skate every Friday for $10 per person (or $15 if you need to rent skates).
- Sports Center of Connecticut (Shelton) offers public skating during these times.
- Longshore Park Skating Rink (Westport) offers outdoor skating with the Long Island Sound as the backdrop. Non-residents pay $13 for adults or $10 for children to skate all day. The calendar is here.
- The new, Cohen Skating Center opened in Mill River Park (Stamford) last month. This outdoor rink will stay open through 3/15. Costs are $10 for children and $8 for adults. Hours are here.