Kindergarten Registration is open for Newtown Public Schools. If this is your first time registering a child for kindergarten, here’s a few things to keep in mind:
- Visit Newtown Public School website by clicking here.
- Click on “New Student Registration” in the lower right hand corner.
- You’ll receive a prompt for the year. Select 2023/2024 School Year.
- Create your family’s account with the Newtown Public Schools (one account per family).
- If you don’t know which school your child will attend, call Sarah Connell in Central Office at (203) 426-7606.
- There are also two documents on the district’s website that are helpful:
Once all of the paperwork is completed online, you will then be contacted by your child’s school. The schools individually arrange Parent Information Nights in the late winter/early Spring, as well as Kindergarten Screeners for the Spring.
- At the Parent Information Night, you will be able to tour the school, meet the teachers & principal, and ask any questions.
- At the Screener, your child will get a chance to meet with a teacher and do a few educational activities.
The Friday before the first day of school, the district will do a Kindergarten Bus Run. Kindergarteners will get the chance to ride their bus route with their driver and a parent volunteer. They’ll also begin practice the morning routine when they get to school and meet their teacher for the first time. *If this is your first child, don’t worry they wear tags with their name, teacher, and bus number for the first few weeks.
For our friends in the surrounding towns, here are the links I could find:
Danbury: Registration link opening soon
Brookfield: No information available. Please check the district’s website.
Bethel: Registration is open. Click here for more information.
New Fairfield: Registration link opening soon. Click here for more information.
Have details on any of our local towns? Please email them to [email protected]