Thank you for Rachael Mahoney of Kinney Lane for sharing this adorable recipe!
Melting Snowman Cookies with Eggnog Frosting
Recipe Level: Easy
A note about recipe: This recipe is meant to be easy and fun enough for families to make together through the holidays and beyond. It can be made even easier by simply purchasing pre-made sugar cookie dough, if desired.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powder
2 sticks butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 stick butter
2 cups powdered sugar
2-4 tablespoons eggnog
Mini Chocolate Chips
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer and beat sugar, butter until fluffy- about 2 minutes. Add egg and milk and beat to combine. Lower speed on mixer, add flour in batches and beat until blended. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Roll dough into 1/4-inch thick rounds. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until starting to turn golden brown around edges.
- Let cool on rack until ready to decorate.
- While cookies cool. Make frosting by beating together sugar and butter. Add eggnog and beat until well blended.
- Ice cookies and decorate as desired. We used marshmallow for the face, chocolate chips for eyes and buttons, orange frosting for nose, pretzels for arms and reese’s for hat.