Earlier today, Newtown Parks & Recreation announced Dickinson Park and Treadwell Park will reopen on Wednesday. The town recognizes the importance of the ability to be outside in open space, especially during this time. The Parks & Rec department is working diligently to keep these spaces well maintained, safe, and accessible during this time. The following guidelines are in place effective Wednesday once the parks reopen:
- No organized sports of any kind on the athletic fields.
- Playgrounds will continue to be fenced off and remain closed.
- Basketball courts will be locked.
- Tennis & Pickleball nets will be put up for single matches. Signage has been added that provides guidance for safer play.
- Restrooms are locked. Porta potties are available, but you must bring your own hand sanitizer.
- Please use picnic blankets. The Treadwell Pavilion will be be closed, and no picnic tables will be added at either park.
- The dog park and skate park will remain closed.
Park ambassadors will be at both parks, greeting visitors and checking for resident permits. They will also be checking that park-goers are following CDC guidelines, as well as not using closed amenities.
If you have any questions, please contact Newtown Parks & Recreation directly by calling 203-270-4340, M-F 8:00am- 4:30pm.