As someone with a serious peanut & tree nut allergy, I was so excited to try the below recipe I found on Hamptons Moms blog. To those that know me, it’s no secret that I am always looking for yummy, healthy, (and filling) nut-free snacks. The below recipe is not only delicious, but quick and easy to make.
With 7 grams of protein per serving, SunButter Sunflower Butter Energy Balls are low carb, paleo, peanut free, dairy free, gluten free and vegan!
- 1 1/4 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup cacao nibs or chocolate chips whatever you decide
- 1/4 cup organic milled flax seed
- 1/2 cup organic SunButter (its nut free made from roasted sunflower seeds with no hydrogenated oil or added sugars/salts)
- 2 tablespoons of organic Chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of organic vanilla extract
You mix it all into a bowl place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes take out and then roll into small balls. Each batch yields around 25 balls depending on the size you are rolling them.