Yes strawberry season is just about over and if you were like my family, you waited until the last moment possible to actually enjoy some of Jones Farm’s delicious strawberries. So even though strawberry season is wrapping up this weekend, there are still plenty of opportunities to pick your own throughout the remainder of the season. Here are some options in Fairfield County (and beyond) curated with help from my sister site in Ridgefield, Ridgefield Moms. Happy picking!
- Jones Family Farm, Shelton, CT: Pick your own strawberries and blueberries. Award winning winery (with tasting room) and Harvest Kitchen cooking studio.
- Silverman’s Farm, Easton, CT 06612: This farm is ppen daily from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This summer you can pick blueberries, raspberries, and peaches, as well as shopping in the local farm store and visiting the animals.
- White Silo Farm and Winery, Sherman, CT: Pick your own raspberries and blackberries this summer at this farm in Sherman.
- March Farm, Bethlehem, CT: Pick your own cherries, blueberries, or peaches this summer.
New Haven County:
- Bishop’s Orchards Guilford, CT: In addition to the market that’s open year round, Bishop’s Orchards also offers PYO during the summer. At different points in the season, you can pick your own strawberries, blueberries, peaches, raspberries, and pears.
- Rose’s Berry Farm, Glastonbury, CT: This farm offers strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, and blackberry picking throughout the season.
- Lyman Orchard, Middlefield, CT: Visit the orchard this summer and pick from over 100 varieties of fruits. Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, peaches, nectarines, and pears are all available throughout the summer.
New London County:
- Scott’s Yankee Farmer, East Lyme, CT: Stop by Scott’s on your way up the CT coast and pick your own strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, or peaches.