Cheers to the weekend! I’m excited to bring you all of the happenings in and around Newtown via my very first Weekend Round-Up blog post. You can continue to expect these posts on a weekly basis. So here goes…
- Newtown Youth Academy turns 10! NYA will have an open house on Saturday & Sunday from 10AM – 2PM featuring bounce houses, games, sports stations and clinics. Free group exercise classes will run all day. View the details here. Additionally, they are holding a Veteran Breakfast for all veterans and their families on Sunday 11/4 at 9AM.
- This is the last weekend you can take on the Castle Hill Farm corn maze. The farm is open Saturday & Sunday 10AM to 5PM. Special glow in the dark corn maze happening on Saturday night! Click here for details.
- St. Rose is holding a Fall Festival featuring a variety of vendors. Stop by and get a jumpstart on your Christmas shopping from 9AM – 3PM on Saturday. You can view the flyer here.
- Do you have a Peppa the Pig or PJ Masks fan in your house? Bonus if your family likes hockey. On Sunday 11/4, both characters will be making an appearance at the Bridgeport Sound Tigers game at the arena at Harbor Yard. The full run of the event & game details can be found here.
- Oh and don’t forget to turn your clocks back on Saturday night. And if you have a toddler or a young child, here’s an article with a few tips to help get him or her through the time change.