This Tuesday is Read Across America Day, which is a perfect day to head to the library or snuggle up at home reading! Read Across America Day was established in 1998 by the National Education Association with the goal of getting kids excited about reading. For this year, they have developed a 12 month calendar featuring books, authors, & teacher resources that create and celebrate a nation of diverse readers. You can visit NEA’s website for a additional information including articles, suggested books, activities, and more.
If you’re looking to celebrate the day with your kids this year, here are a few ideas:
- Visit your local library.
- Set up a virtual reading party for your child and a few friends. Let them each pick a book to read.
- Dress up as a character from your favorite book. Let your child create his or her costume from what they find around the house.
- Create your own bookmarks
- For additional ideas, click here.