The short week has been quite nice right? Hopefully, you and your family have been able to ease back into the post-holiday routine relatively swiftly and are eagerly awaiting some weekend fun. I’m happy to share the first weekend round up for 2019. Enjoy!
- On Friday at 11:30AM, Music Together of Monroe & Newtown will be holding Music, Muffins, and Babies. This class is for babies under 8 months and will include 35 minutes of music and movement, followed by 25 minutes of socialization. This is a great opportunity to try out Music Together, while meeting other parents with young babies. Winter is a tough time when you have a small babe! Last year after moving here, we did Music Together and ended up meeting a bunch of other kids my daughter’s age. The class is being offered again on Saturday 1/5 at 12:30 in Trumbull. Link to register for either session is here.
- Ranger Nate from the Beardsley Zoo will be at EverWonder on Friday from 10AM to 2PM. Head over there to have some fun with the animals. EverWonder Museum is also open late on Friday until 7PM. Check out the museum after work and before dinner with your little ones.
- Disney on Ice is making a stop at Webster Bank Arena. Showtimes are throughout the weekend. Check out the calendar for all the times.
- Have your kids learned to ice skate yet? I found a few events at local skating rinks:
- The Danbury Arena is hosting a DJ Skate on Friday night from 8:30PM to 10:30PM. Great opportunity to skate for older kids.
- The Rinks at Shelton have two fun events this weekend. All weekend, those who are registering for skating lessons for the first time, can skate for free. Check out their website for skate times & class availability. On Sunday, they are offering the opportunity to try hockey for free for 5-9 year olds. Details are here.