Welcome to the last weekend of 2018! For me, it seems like the holidays have gone by in a flash. It seems like just yesterday we were cleaning up after Thanksgiving….
For this week’s round-up, I decided to include a few ideas for New Years Eve as well as I’m sure many of you have an extra long weekend this week.
- EverWonder Museum is hosting “Gingerbread Engineering” from 8:30AM – 12PM. All supplies to create a gingerbread masterpiece are included. Event details here.
- Do you have a basketball lover in your house? Head over to the Greenknoll YMCA on Friday night at 5:30PM for the Annual Free Throw Contest. Boys & girls ages 9-14 can participate for free.
- SkyZone in Bethel is holding a Year-End Glow Party with tons of games and activities. The party starts at 7PM and you can purchase tickets directly from their website.
- Head over to the C.H. Booth Library for a “Science Saturday” from 2PM – 3PM. Details here on the library’s website.
- Gymnastics Revolution in Danbury is holding an open gym on Saturday from 5:00 – 6:30PM. Tickets are $10 at the door.
- Tot Town in Brookfield is holding a Noon Years Eve party beginning at 10:15. Tickets are $20/child or $15/sibling. This event will also be held on Monday too.
- Last chance to see the musical Annie at the Downtown Cabaret Theater over in Bridgeport. Several showtimes on Sunday. Information is here.
- There’s a snowflake festival happening at the Discovery Museum and Planetarium.
Many kid friendly places are having extended hours through New Year’s. Here’s a list of a few places to check out: