Selecting a Preschool Program or deciding on a Private School for your child is no easy task. Our annual Preschool & Private School Guide seeks to make this process a bit easier by providing you with a list of local programs. We’re lucky to have so many to chose from in addition to strong public schools. And as always, you can find open house dates on our calendar.
If you’re searching for childcare options, look no further than Brown Stair Montessori Daycare. This new micro-preschool, located right in Sandy Hook offers a small classroom setting for walkers to age 5. Instruction follows a traditional Montessori classroom with benefits including:
- Small classroom with individualized instruction
- Exposure to a variety of ages
- Children are given the freedom to explore and engage in what interests them
- Lessons are individually tailored to the student, based on his or her academic & developmental levels..
Brown Stair Montessori Daycare offers a 10% sibling discount. Contact Amy Mancusi today by emailing [email protected] or by calling (203) 837-7568. Brown Stair Montessori continues to remain open following all guidelines set forth by the Office of Early Childhood and is currently full for the upcoming school year. Health screenings, temperature checks, routine hand washing, and social distancing are all incorporated in response to COVID-19.
Find Us Outside Programs are designed for children ages, 3 – 12, and are held within the Bethel Franc Preserve in partnership with the Bethel Land Trust and the Bethel Parks and Recreation Department.
Each day, nature shows us to be inclusive, resilient, and adaptable as we learn together. Our program curriculums are tailored for each class and each learner’s readiness. We provide developmentally appropriate education in science, math, literacy and art as well as build social, emotional and physiological skills.
There are no walls, desks or chairs at Find Us Outside, which help each learner find his or her own gifts while developing an appreciation for themselves, others and their environment.
Please see our website for more information about our programs, www.findusoutside.org
Our warm and inviting atmosphere feels like a home away from home with bright cheerful spaces that encourage learning, creativity and exploration. Our passionate and caring teachers are committed to making a difference in children’s lives. Our picturesque country setting has a beautiful backyard and playground, perfect for outdoor fun and games.
We believe that children thrive in an environment which provides support and opportunities to grow emotionally, socially, and creatively. By building on each child’s strengths and interests, we guide them to explore the world around them, develop new abilities and form close relationships.
For more information, please visit our website or contact Karen Serke, Center Director at 203-426-9847.
The Global Child, Bethel, formerly known as Bee U Learning is an early childhood school and care center providing educational experiences to children ages 6 weeks- 6 years as well as before and after school care for school-aged children attending the Bethel Public Schools.
The Global Child’s curriculum is aligned with the State of CT Early Development Standards for young children and offers engaging, play-based, discovery learning for children to foster their cognitive, social/ emotional, language and physical development. We embedded Spanish language learning into daily activities. Our families and children love The Global Child and we would love for you to join our community! Contact us today by calling (203) 798-0015 for a tour! Enrich your Child’s World!
Dad, Harvard Grad, and Firefighter Indra Sen leads The Learning Experience-Newtown — where his sons Kai and Kaden attend. The program serves children 3 months to 6 years, and even has a before/afterschool program for older siblings. Parents choose The Learning Experience. because:
- Safety. 100% of staff have CPR/First Aid Certification and undergone FBI & DCF background checks. The school is proud to be a home for many police officer, firefighter, nurse, and military families.
- Leadership. Center Directors Bunny Kolf and Jessica Fiorini collectively boast 20+ years of Center Director experience. The two Director model better serves children and families.
- High-quality, experienced staff. Lead teachers boast an average of 11 years of early childhood teaching experience.
- Academics. The school’s proprietary literacy, phonics, and enrichment program helps children get Kindergarten-ready. Quarterly assessments are the focus of Parent Teacher conferences.
- Flexibility. We know flexibility is key for families. That’s why our program runs 5 days a week and gives parents the option to select an 8AM – 12:30PM, 8AM – 3PM, or 8AM – 6PM schedule. There is also a 3-day program and early care is also available.
Wesley Learning Center is a NAEYC accredited preschool located right in the heart of Sandy Hook Village. Students at Wesley experience an integrated curriculum using “The Connecticut Early Learning and Development Standards” and featuring “The Handwriting Without Tears Program”. A committed staff treats children as individuals encouraging them to learn at their own pace. Bright, cheerful classrooms and a large playground help foster learning through play.
This September, Wesley Learning Center looks forward to welcoming students back into the classroom. Health & safety is a top priority at Wesley Learning Center. Therefore, the following COVID-19 precautions will be implemented for the 2021/2022 school year:
- Small, cohort classrooms
- Staggered start & end times
- Enhanced cleaning protocols
- Daily health checks for staff & students
For questions, please contact Diane Fuchs, Director by email at [email protected] or by phone at (203) 426-6149.
Easton Country Day is a small, coed PreK – 12 private school which is open full time this fall! We are operating under all government standards for safety. ECDS uses its small size and a unique, individual educational approach to ensure each child not only achieves academic excellence in a safe and loving environment, but also learns those skills necessary to be a caring and responsible citizen. We build a relationship with each child. We promote excellence in individual academic achievement in the context of our motto “Responsibility, Integrity, Community – Praxis.” This, and our innovative scheduling methods, gives us the flexibility to place children in classes that fit their academic and social needs and to respond rapidly to change and growth in each child. ECDS offers rigorous academics shaped to the individual child in a familial environment that encourages accomplishment, responsibility and acceptance of diversity. We offer programs for the highly gifted, and we emphasize the fine arts. We teach children how to learn, preparing them for life beyond school.
We believe we offer what children most need at this time.
Last year we were successful beyond our dreams providing a haven where children could be children open the entire year without one closure. We are committed to providing children social space and deep learning opportunities. One of our central tenets has always been respect for each child and for childhood.
Respect for the heart & soul of childhood lays the foundation for a joyful, purposeful life. With a profound reverence for childhood as our guiding principle, the Housatonic Valley Waldorf School nurtures your child’s sense of curiosity, creativity, empathy, and awe through a holistic curriculum that integrates the sense throughout the entire learning and growing process.
We are the only Waldorf School in Connecticut providing parent child classes and PreK though 8th grade.
If our school sounds like it fits the vision you have for your child or children, please reach out to the Enrollment Office to schedule a tour: https://www.waldorfct.org/visit/
Serving children ages 15 months through our 8th grade, Fraser Woods offers challenging, highly individualized programs that focus on the uniqueness of each child. Contact Admissions today by calling (203) 426-3390 ext. 305 or by filling out an Inquiry Form here.
St. Rose School is a place where children in Preschool through 8th grade bloom in mind, heart and soul. We offer a stellar academic, faith focused education that is enhanced by exciting Art, Musical Theater, Physical Education and Foreign Language classes. Exceptional enrichment programs such as Mock Trial, Robotics, Band, Finance Club and an active Athletics program add to the total student experience. St. Rose is a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence, accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges (NEASC). We have a dedicated, talented faculty, state of the art technology and highly successful alumni. This is a strong, family-like community where every child is welcomed, loved and given the tools they need to excel. Come find out why St. Rose School could be the right fit for your family. Email [email protected] or call 203-426-5102. You can also visit our website, www.stroseschool.com. A warm welcome awaits you.
Do you have a child who is preparing for Preschool? We’re now offering on-going enrollment in our Peek-a-Boo Two’s Program running Tuesdays & Thursdays from 9AM – 10:30AM. Help your children get acclimated to the Preschool setting in this safe and nurturing program. Email [email protected] or call 203-426-5102 to enroll.
- About Hopkins: Set Your Curiosity Free. Hopkins School students are curious – they love to think and learn. Here each day, at the nation’s third oldest independent school, high-achieving students come to learn with an intellectual passion, challenging one another in a collective pursuit of excellence.
- Small classes average just 12 students.
- Nearly one third of our most recent graduating class received National Merit recognition.
- Our students’ most recent standardized test scores: 1470 average SAT, 32 average ACT. See our matriculation list
- Hopkins students are gifted scholars, but they are also talented leaders, athletes, artists, entrepreneurs and more.
- Students of color comprise 30 percent of our diverse, inclusive Hopkins family.
- “All the teachers are so willing to help. They do all they can to help you become your best.” – Will, 11th grader
- Open House: Please join us for our Fall Open House which offers 2 ways to learn about Hopkins.
- Our virtual event on Saturday, October 23rd will highlight our academic, arts and athletic departments, giving you the opportunity to engage with faculty and students to learn more about our offerings in each of those areas.
- On Sunday, October 24th, we are offering families the opportunity to visit campus for a self-guided tour, where you will be able to explore campus at your own pace and with your own family group, assisted by audio, maps and volunteers around campus to help you navigate and answer questions
- You are welcome to attend one or both days, and pre-registration is required so we can plan accordingly. Register at www.hopkins.edu.
- Website: www.hopkins.edu
- Contact: Schedule a Call with an Admission Team Member or call (203) 397-1001
At Greens Farms Academy (GFA) we empower students to do the hard, thrilling, essential work of shaping their own world, of building their own future. Our over 700 PreK–12 students come from 23 towns in Fairfield and Westchester counties and form an inclusive community that plays on 64 interscholastic athletic teams, participates in a robust service-learning program, and aspires to live by our school’s motto, “Each for All.” GFA cultivates curiosity and prepares students for an evolving world. And, this shifting reality is a challenge our school and community are fortunately well-positioned to tackle. Since 1925, Greens Farms Academy has graduated thousands of compassionate, enterprising, broad-minded women and men – people with the courage and vision to build a better tomorrow.
- Admission Info: Open House and admission info can be found at www.gfacademy.org/admission or see below:
- October 13: PreK-4 Open House, 830am – 10am.
- October 24: PreK & K GFA Explore Day, 930am -11am
- October 24: Grades 5-12 Open House, 1pm – 3pm
- November 14: Grades 5-12 Open House, 1pm -3pm
- December 8: PreK-4 Open House, 830am-10am
- We can’t wait to meet you and see if GFA is a fit for your family
- Website: gfacademy.org
- Contact: Questions? Call us at 203-256-7514 or email [email protected].
This post contains sponsored content.