Before Super Bowl LIII kicks off in Atlanta on Sunday night, get out of the house and enjoy some of these local activities. And as a bonus, it looks like the temperatures will be much warmer.
- Escape the cold by enjoying a story time at one of our local libraries on Friday morning. Danbury, Bethel, Brookfield, and New Milford libraries all have events on Friday morning. Check our calendar for details and times.
- Newtown Parks & Rec is hosting the 3rd annual Daddy and Daughter Valentine’s Day Ball at Newtown Middle School. This event is for girls (and their male role model) ages 8 – 12. This semi-formal event is $25 per couple and you can register at Parks and Rec.
- Saturday is take your child to the library day. C.H. Booth Library is hosting a day of events in which the community can learn about early literacy programs, educational resources, and fun events the library provides year round.
- The Burnham Library in Bridgewater is holding the 8th Annual Pancakes and Pajamas Breakfast. Space is limited so please pre-register.
- The Winter Farmers Market is happening again at Benedict’s Home and Garden. Times are on our calendar.
- For all you HGTV fans out there, head over to Stratford on Saturday afternoon to see two tiny homes featured on HGTV, in the NY Times, and Fairfield County Business Journal. It’s a kid and dog friendly event at Craft & Sprout.
- Before the Patriots take on the Rams, stop by Kidz Klub at the Danbury Fair Mall for a meet & greet with Spider Man.
- The Pratt Nature Center in New Milford is hosting Superb Owl Sunday from 10AM – 1PM. Enjoy wings of a different kind before the big game by getting to know these fine feathered friends with a live owl presentation, owl pellet dissection, owl themed snacks and more!
- Personally, I’d rather attend the Ridgefield Playhouse production of American Girl Live on Sunday at 4PM than watch the Super Bowl (haha). From what I’ve heard, it’s a great show for American Girls fans of all ages.
As always, you can check out our calendar page for more events for not just this weekend, but during the entire month of February!